Larkin University is located in Miami, Florida. Being in sunny South Florida, students are afforded various opportunities of exposure to real-world health care learning experiences in nonprofit, retail, government agencies and world-wide learning partnerships. Being in a unique and growing city, Larkin University not only encourages students to explore various learning opportunities, we encourage our students to explore the cultural diversity and geographical richness that the city has to offer.
Office of Admissions
18301 North Miami Avenue, Suite 1
Miami, Florida 33169
Within close proximity to the university, you can find these locations, that provide an immersive experience of the city of Miami.
- Aventura Mall – Shoppers can find a mix of over 300 designer boutiques and more wallet-friendly shops.
- Hard Rock Stadium – You can find visitors and locals here on a sunny day cheering on the Miami Dolphins football team or watching the Miami Open tennis tournament.
- The Miami Science Museum – With its many interactive exhibits and hands-on displays the Miami Science Museum offers a truly immersive experience encompassing a wide range of scientific fields including physics, biology and chemistry.
- Oleta River State Park – This urban park attracts nature-lovers with its mangrove forest and opportunities for fishing, kayaking, biking & camping.
- North Miami Museum of Contemporary Art– The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) is dedicated to making contemporary art accessible to diverse audiences – especially underserved populations – through the collection, preservation and exhibition of the best of contemporary art and its art historical influences.
- Little Haiti Cultural Center – Whether you want to take a cultural dance class, see a living Haitian folk legend perform, take in a museum-quality art exhibit or build something in the ceramics studio, the Little Haiti Cultural Center is a great resource for visitor and locals alike.
- Wynwood – This neighborhood appreciates the diversity of artwork and is home to more than 70 art galleries, shops, restaurants and art fairs.
- Enchanted Forest Park – A 22-acre park filled with subtropical plants, a lush tree canopy, a flowing creek and horse-riding facility makes this the perfect location for a sunny afternoon.
- Bayside Marketplace – Located along Miami’s waterfront, many locals come here to soak up the lively atmosphere and admire the bay, with its daily live music and fun vibe, the Bayside Market does not fail to entertain.
- Miami Beach – Miami Beach is the best area in Miami for soaking up some rays on a sandy beach and it is something of a legend in the city.
- AC Hotel Aventura – Close to shops and restaurants, this modern hotel off Route 1 is a mile from Gulfstream Park, 3 miles from Golden Beach, 8 miles from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and approximately 5 miles from Larkin University.
- Courtyard by Marriott Aventura – This modern hotel is a 3-minute walk from the Aventura Mall, a 3.1-mile drive from Sunny Isles Beach and approximately 4 miles from Larkin University.
- Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach – Opposite the Village at Gulfstream Park, this straightforward hotel is 2 miles from upscale dining and shopping at the Aventura Mall, a little under 6 miles from Larkin University and 15 miles from Everglades National Park.
- Residence Inn by Aventura – Adjacent to Aventura Mall in the north Miami suburb of Aventura, this relaxed extended-stay hotel is a 3-minute walk from Turnberry Isle Resort Golf Club, 1.8 miles from Sunny Isles Beach and approximately 5 miles from Larkin University.
- Stadium Hotel – The Miami Stadium Hotel is the Miami Gardens hotel of choice for sports fans looking for a hotel near Hard Rock Stadium and is approximately 5 miles from Larkin University.
Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL) – Approximately 15 miles north of Larkin University, Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport is in Broward County, Florida. Individuals Interested in traveling by air, can find out which airlines service the airport by clicking here.
Miami International Airport (MIA) – Approximately 15 miles south of Larkin University, Miami International Airport, also known as MIA and historically as Wilcox Field, is the primary airport serving the Miami area, with over 1,000 daily flights to 167 domestic and International destinations. Individuals Interested in traveling by air, can find out which airlines service the airport by clicking here.
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) – Approximately 53 miles north of Larkin University, Palm Beach International Airport is smaller in size than other neighboring South Florida airports, but one of three that serve the community. Individuals interested in utilizing the PBI airport, can find out which airlines service the airport by clicking here.
Car rental options are available at surrounding airports as well as locally. Some of the available car rental companies are Hertz, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Budget Car Rental, Avis Car Rental, Alamo Rent-A-Car.
Larkin University as well as the greater Miami-Dade County can be accessed by public transit. The 75-bus route and 183-bus route both have bus stops within 500 feet of the university doors. To find out more information about the public transportation options, please click here.