Apply and Join Larkin University
Larkin University and its Colleges are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the University’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.
Larkin University welcomes and encourages applications from persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis. Larkin University is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advance on the basis of merit within Larkin University.
College of Pharmacy
No Positions Currently
Assistant/ Associate/ Full Professor – Department of Clinical and Administrative Sciences
Faculty will have responsibilities that include didactic teaching, clinical practice with experiential education of students, student advising, service to the College and Academy, and scholarly endeavors. Faculty will be expected to actively participate in all assigned course activities and committees, as well as attend and contribute to scheduled Departmental, College and Larkin University (LU) faculty meetings. As scholarship is an integral component of faculty life, all Departmental faculty are expected to maintain an active program of scholarship. Clinical Practice Faculty will be expected to contribute to the patient care and service missions of their assigned clinical practice site. Start date is July 1, 2021.
• Work closely with the Dean and Department Chair in ensuring the integrity of the University and the College of Pharmacy (COP) are in line with the founding principles, values, mission, and goals;
• Ensure the development, furtherance, and improvement of curriculum and educational assessment tools;
• Be available to coordinate and teach assigned course(s), class(s), and subject(s) at an appointed time;
• Develop an active clinical practice site that facilitates high quality experiential education and scholarship;
• Develop and deliver experiential education rotations as assigned by the Department Chair and in collaboration with the Assistant Dean of Experiential Education;
• Work with Department Chair and practice site liaison to facilitate training and mentoring of post-doctoral trainees (e.g. PGY-1,2 residents) at their clinical practice site;
• Work with Department Chair and practice site liaison to facilitate participation in assigned committees at their clinical practice site;
• Work with Department Chair to formulate a strategy to develop and sustain a program of scholarship;
• Work with Department Chair and Assistant Dean of Experiential Education to facilitate preceptor training and mentoring at their clinical practice site;
• Maintain a productive output of scholarly contributions, such as peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals;
• Disseminate knowledge by scholarly presentation at appropriate scientific and academic platforms;
• Assist in activities related to program accreditation by various national, regional, state and other accreditation and regulatory agencies;
• Serve on committee(s) of COP/University;
• Ensure mentoring of students;
• Represent the Department, College and University to external institutions, organizations and agencies;
• Ensure compliance with all LU policies and procedures;
• Promote safe working conditions and procedures;
• Promote collegiality, professional and ethical behaviors;
• Perform other duties as requested by the Chair and/or Dean
Candidates shall have a PharmD with two years of post-doctoral training (e.g., residency and/or fellowship training) and be licensed/eligible for Florida licensure. Pharmacists in all specialty areas are encouraged to apply for these full-time positions. Many different potential practice sites are available including our partner teaching hospitals. Preferred qualifications include teaching experience in a pharmacy program and practice experience in the area of Ambulatory Care. However, all specialties will be considered.
Potential candidates should submit a complete application packet which includes the a) cover letter, b) statement of teaching, and scholarly philosophy with respect to experience or interests, c) curriculum vitae, d) three names of references with complete contact information. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The application packet and the questions regarding the position should be submitted to Dr. Juan Mosley (Email: email@example.com, Tel: 305-760-7507), chair of the search committee, Department of Clinical and Administrative Sciences. Application review process will continue till the positions are filled.
College of Biomedical Sciences
Job Title –Janitor/ Custodian Job Type – Full Time Location – Miami Gardens, Florida Anticipated Start Date – Available Now Position Reports to – Facilities Manager
$12 per hour This announcement will CLOSE on the day that 100 applicants have applied or at 11:59 pm EST on the set close date - whichever comes first. Your complete Application Package containing all required documents must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the day the announcement receives 100 applications. It is much to your benefit to apply early to ensure you are among the first 100 applicants - as this announcement is likely to close PRIOR to the set close date. Applicant Must
Have a car and a phone
Have flexibility in schedule
Larkin University (LU) do not only need to appear clean to form a good impression; since there are Students involved, LU need to be clean to ward off the danger of diseases. LU Janitors need to constantly clean and sanitizing the facilities. Janitors are responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance around the Campus. Janitor Duties shall include but are not limited to the following
Clean bathroom basins and sink
Scrub taps and refill toilet dispensers
Refill paper towels on towel stands
Replenish liquid soap and hand sanitizer in dispenser
Wipe and wash floors using appropriate cleaners and disinfectants
Clean and polish mirrors and wipe any residual paintwork
Empty trash bins and place them in recycling receptacles
Vacuum rugs and carpets and remove stains using brushes and cleaners
Dust and mop hard flooring using appropriate cleaning devices such as brooms and mops
Clean and dust furniture such as desks and chairs
Wipe down grubby hand marks and sanitize floors
Empty trash bins and clean / wash bins on a regular basis
Remove marks from doors and windows
Clean telephones and extension phones
Clean and polish brass fixtures and fittings such as lights and doorknobs
Dust and wipe skirting, pipes and window ledges
Sweep driveways and parking areas and clear them of dangerous or unsightly debris
Clear grounds of hazardous materials and empty grounds trash bins
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary but does require frequent walking or standing for short periods or carrying light loads of papers, book, or reports that do not require special physical demands. Light Lifting (under 15 lbs); Light Carrying (under 15 lbs); Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (up to 3 hours); Standing (up to 3 hours); Repeated bending (up to 1 hour); Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Hearing (aid permitted). You may qualify based on your experience as described below: Experience in two or more of the following areas, or other work related to Housekeeping;
Experience that demonstrated a practical working knowledge of the basic principles of chemistry, biology, and bacteriology as applied to environmental sanitation, infection control, and to the choice and use of antimicrobial agents in the disinfection, sanitization, and/or sterilization of surfaces and equipment.
Experience in laundry and linen management.
Experience that demonstrated a knowledge of waste management, including the requirements relating to hazardous, toxic, and infectious wastes and provisions for their final disposition.
Experience that demonstrated a knowledge of pest management, including alternative methods of control and the selection and application of chemicals.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Work Schedule: Monday – Friday Virtual: This is not a virtual position. How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE Benefits: LU provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. Conditions of Employment
You must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent resident or possess a valid work permit to apply for this job
Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
You will be required to serve a probationary period of 90 days
Subject to background/security investigation
Selected applicants will be required to complete an on boarding process
No Positions Currently